Mason Moore | Hinckley Reporter | 15 January 2023
HINCKLEY RESIDENTS looking to stay protected from Covid-19 will be able to get their booster and flu jab at a mobile clinic in Hinckley Leisure Centre car park next Sunday.
That is according to the NHS Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland (LLR) branch, who have helped to arrange the session to help residents “get vaxxed and stay on track”.
The Covid booster and flu vaccines will be handed out to residents aged 5 and over from inside the Leisure Centre car park on Sunday, 22 January from 10am to 4pm.
They stated that the requirements to receive the Covid booster are as follows:
• Aged 50 or over
• Aged 5 and over and at high risk of Covid-19 or live with someone with a weakened immune system
• First booster for some children aged 12 to 15 if you are at high risk from Covid-19 due to a health condition or live with someone who has a weakened immune system
• Aged 16 and over and a carer (paid or unpaid)
• Living or working in a care home
• A frontline health and social care worker
As the session will be held on a ‘walk-in’ basis, no appointments will be required – meaning anyone who meets the aforementioned criteria can simply show up.
Attendees will also benefit from free parking, so they don’t have to worry about being slapped with a parking charge whilst in attendance.
A spokesperson for the local NHS branch added that by ’topping up’ your coronavirus protection, your immunity will be boosted, helping protect others as well as yourself.