Mason Moore | Hinckley Reporter | 17 March 2022
HINCKLEY TOWN Neighbourhood Team Officers have recently been made aware of a rise in the amount of purse and bag thefts taking place inside of Hinckley town centre.
Officers in the area are advising town-goers to take ‘extra care’ with their personal belongings whilst in town – and have also advised shoppers to remain vigiliant.
Those who witnesses anybody in town acting in a suspicious manner around people in the town centre are being encouraged to contact the police through their non-emergency number of 101.
And, Hinckley town centre officers are available to talk to members of the public at their pop-up shop inside of the Britannia Shopping Centre in town, between 10am to 1pm tomorrow (Friday, 18 March).
The Town Neighbourhood Team have collated a list of tips on how to secure items whilst in town:
- Look who’s around you, Know who’s behind you, See who’s close to you.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Never let your valuables leave your sight.
- Secure your bag properly, if it’s easy for you to get into, it’ll be easy for a thief to get into.
- Wear a bag that goes across your body to hold your most valuable items.
- Never leave your bag unattended and be aware of what’s going on around you.
- Avoid carrying your wallet or phone in your back pocket and never hold it out on display.
- When shopping with a pushchair or handbag, never leave your bag unattended on the back