Mason Moore | Hinckley Reporter | 8 March 2022
THE CO-CHAIR of Nuneaton, Bedworth and Hinckley’s Rail Users Group (RUG) has warned that rail replacement buses are set to make a temporary comeback next month.
Hourly trains on the Coventry to Leamington line have only just started serving commuters once again at the end of February, following months of rail-replacement buses running in their place.
But, during the weekend of Friday, 15 April to Monday, 18 April, engineering works will be carried out on the railway line between Nuneaton and Leamington Spa, via Coventry – meaning buses will be back again.
In addition to this, no trains will be able to run through to London around this time, as engineering works will be being carried out West Coast Mainline (WCML) near London Euston.
Stu Anderson, Co-Chair of the Nuneaton, Bedworth and Hinckley Rail Users Group, said: “Whilst we understand the need to repair the railway we do not understand why they didn’t complete any work during lockdown and or when no trains are running.
He continued: “It will harder for people to travel so don’t travel unless you have to as it will take longer to reach your destination”.
Services will operate below:
Avanti West Coast
• Services to/from Liverpool Lime St will start at terminate at Rugby with a train running from Coventry to Rugby ONLY for customers to connect with Liverpool services.
• Services to/from Manchester and Carlisle will terminate at Milton Keynes Central
• Services from London to Wolverhampton will divert via Nuneaton with some calling,
• NO train services will operate between Leamington/Coventry and Birmingham Intl with buses replacing trains.
• Buses will replace trains between Milton Keynes Central and Stanmore (London Underground)
West Midlands Railway / LNR
• Buses will replace trains between Leamington and Nuneaton via Coventry
• Buses will replace trains between Coventry and Birmingham International
• Buses replace trains between Milton Keynes Central and Stanmore London Underground