Mason Moore | Hinckley Reporter | 5 February 2022
HINCKLEY and Bosworth Borough Council (HBBC) are urging residents to nominate someone – or a group – from Hinckley and Bosworth who make a difference to the lives of others through volunteering, for this year’s ‘Making a Difference’ awards.
The Council-sponsored ‘Making a Difference’ community awards include categories for individuals and groups, for many different generous and notable efforts.
These have been listed below:
- An individual or group that you admire or feel are inspirational in respect of their voluntary work.
- A young person or a group (under 18) who volunteer and contribute their time and skills to benefit others within our community.
Creating a sense of community
- Volunteers who help individuals or groups of people to feel included, supported, involved and enabled to enjoy life within their community.
Protecting, improving or supporting our environment
- Contributing to reducing the impact of climate change: an individual or group who contribute to, and benefit our environment, making it a better place for us all.
Contributing to our local heritage, culture or tourism offer
- An individual or group who enable others to appreciate and benefit from our local heritage and cultural offer, making this a borough for us all to enjoy and attract visitors.
Keeping people safe and well
- An individual or group who volunteer for the benefit of others safety and wellbeing.
Executive member for the Voluntary Sector, Coun. Keith Lynch, said: “These awards are a great way to recognise the individuals and groups, who voluntarily give help and support to their communities, which many residents will have experienced at first-hand over the past few years.
“So I am delighted that we can take this opportunity to celebrate the work of some of the most selfless people in our borough, who work to improve themselves, the people around them and the places they live.
“If you know somebody who deserves a public thank-you, then nominate them for this year’s ‘Making a Difference Awards’ and let them know how much you appreciate the work that they do or have done”.
How to nominate online
The forms can be filled out online at this link – and application forms can also be downloaded from this link.
Alternatively, those wanting to receive a paper form to fill out instead can request one, by calling the Borough Council’s Strategic and Community Planning Manager on 01455 255950.
Nominations must be made and submitted by Friday, 13 May 2022.
A judging panel will consider all of the nominations.
Award ceremony taking place in June
The awards will be presented at the Voluntary and Community Sector celebration event which will take place at the Hinckley Rugby Club, located on Leicester Road, Hinckley, on 9 June 2022, from 12pm to 4pm.
All individuals and representatives from groups which have been nominated for the awards will be invited to attend.