Mason Moore | Hinckley Reporter | 31 July 2021
HINCKLEY’S FREE-TO-ENTER annual food and drink festival, Feast Hinckley, is set to make its long-awaited return to the Argents Mead park next weekend.
It is returning after its one-year hiatus last year (2020), which was caused due to the uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus pandemic.
The event, which proves a hit with local foodies, will be held across two days – 7 August 7 and 8 August. It will start from 10am and run until 5pm on both days.
It will feature a large selection of food and drinks from a wide range of vendors offering an enticing array of national and international cuisine.
Four live bands will be performing in the park over the course of the two-day event.
Youngsters will be able to enjoy the 120ft giant inflatable assault course at just 50 pence per go, as well as partake in free hooping classes – with both activities being sponsored by the town’s Business Improvement District, Hinckley Bid.
Other highlights will include local radio station Fosse 107, face painting stalls, and a stilt walker.
Four-legged friends have not been forgotten, as a few stalls will be selling a variety of pet treats.
Large pagoda marquees will be set up in the park, along with extra picnic benches – admission into the event is free, but charges will apply for some of the activities.
Event organisers will post any further updates on social media through their official Facebook page, Feast Hinckley, linked here.
John Coward, Assistant Town Centre Manager for Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council, said: “After the disappointment of having to cancel this event last year along with so many other events we are looking forward to welcoming people back.
“We have taken care to put more space between stalls for this year and there will be lots of hand sanitiser on offer and of course we urge anyone feeling unwell with Covid symptoms to stay at home to make the event as Covid-secure as we possibly can.
“It’s been really challenging this year, but we hope this event will bring some much needed normality back and encourage people to visit and shop in our town.
“We look forward to seeing everybody.”
The car parks are expected to be busy, so the Borough Council have advised any attendees who are planning to come along to walk or use public transport if they can.
The postcode for the venue is LE10 1FH.
Closest car parks
- Church Walk (LE10 1DW), near Piggy’s Hollow Café
- St. Mary’s Road (LE10 1EQ), opposite the Service Men’s Club
- Hinckley Leisure Centre (LE10 1FL), Argents Mead Park
- Castle, Hill Street (LE10 1DS), the back of Jaspers of Hinckley
Car parking is free in Council-operated car parks on Sundays.
Full list of vendors
- Wat Wok Thai: Thai Food
- Now South African: South African Food
- Coles Food Shack: Meats/BBQ/filled Yorkies
- Picks Organic: Organic Farm BBQ
- Legends Greek: Greek Food
- Sona Foods: Indian Food
- Sticky Beaks: Cured Meats
- La Pitta: Mediterranean
- What The Cluck: Fried Chicken
- Pimentos: Caribbean BBQ
- Urban Spice Box: Vegetarian and Vegan Indian
- Events Trike: Vegan Chips / Homemade Award Mayo
- Swing Grill: Bavarian Swing Grill
- Smoke Shack Jacks: Meats / BBQ
- Las Paelleras: Paella and Spanish Food
- Eat Dutch: Dutch Sweet and Savoury
- Event Crepes: Sweet/Savoury Crepes
- Bubble Waffles: New Bubble Waffles
- Baked By Neelu: Vegan / Vegetarian Brownies And Cookies
- Ice Cream Van: Whipped Ice Cream
- Beth Bakes: Homemade Cupcakes
- Flamenca Churros: Award Winning Churros
- Taartie: Sourdough Donuts
- Nyonya Recipe Shop: Malaysian Favourites
- Chocolate Fountain: Chocolate Fountain and Strawberries
- Debbie Campbell: Homemade Cakes
- Awesome Coffee: Barista Coffee
- Little Schnauzer: Barista Coffee
- Hello Prosecco: Prosecco and Bar
- Horse And Crown: Horsebox Bar
- Kipsters Dog Biscuits: Dog Biscuits
- Greek Olives: Fresh Olives
- Brocklebys: Take Home Pies
- Jams N Jars: Preserves
- Betty Browns: Baking Kits/Cakes
- Replenish Refills: Refill Products
- Oscars Pet Food: Pet Food
- Bonnie Yaus Sauces: Take Home Sauces
- Harkers Fudge: Traditional Homemade Fudge
- Bond Street Gin: Bottled Gin Gifts To Take Home
- British Food Box: Speciality Award Winning Cheese
- Rose And Relish: Chutneys and Relishes And Crackers