Mason Moore | Hinckley Reporter | 27 June 2021
VOLUNTEERS working at the Hinckley Area Foodbank have posted a list on social media of the food items that they are running low on.
The list of foods was posted on Facebook six’ days ago (21 June), with volunteers telling members of the public who would like to donate foods that “any and all donations are always appreciated.”
The foods include:
- Large tinned mixed vegetables
- Sponge pudding
- Tinned beans
- Tinned fruit
- Tinned spaghetti
List of donation centres
There are a total of six dedicated donation centres across the borough, open from Monday to Friday.
- Monday (1pm – 3pm): Saint John’s Church, Hinckley
- Tuesday (1pm – 3pm): Salvation Army, Hinckley
- Wednesday (11am – 1pm): The Pathways Centre, Hinckley
- Wednesday (5pm – 7pm): Burbage Congregationalist Church
- Thursday (6.30pm – 8.30pm): Earl Shilton Social Institute
- Friday (1.30pm – 3.30pm): Hope Community Church, Hinckley
Alternatively, food donations can be made whilst shopping by using in-store Foodbank donation points across the main four supermarkets – Asda, Morrisons, Sainsbury’s, and Tesco.
How to donate money
Information about financial donations to the Foodbank can be found here.