Mason Moore | Hinckley Reporter | 3 August 2020
COUNCIL-BACKED entertainment and events that would have taken place this month in Hinckley have been cancelled.
The events were cancelled after the Council took ‘continued advice’ from the Government regarding both the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and social distancing.
Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council first revealed the list of dates back in June, but this month a spokesperson at the Council has confirmed the events have been scrapped for good.
Two local town-based teams, Hinckley’s local business improvement district, Hinckley Bid, and the Friends of Hollycroft Park, were the teams organising the now-postponed events.
The following list below is a compilation of the now-cancelled events that are no longer taking place.
The scrapped events
- 1 August – Kerosene: Music in the Mead
- 3 August to 7 August – The Snap Dragon Festival
- 8 August to 9 August – Feast Hinckley
- 9 August – Sunday Funday in Hollycroft Park
- 12 August – Hinckley Bid’s Summer of Fun
- 15 August – 4th Avenue: Music in the Mead
- 19 August – Hinckley Bid’s Summer of Fun
- 20 August – Hinckley Bid’s Classic Vehicle Meet
- 29 August – The Sounds of Swing at Music in the Mead
- 30 August – The Misterons in Hollycroft Park
Simon Jones, Cultural Services Manager at Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council, said: “We have to continue to follow government guidance and support all social distancing procedures and whilst the guidelines are changing it is only fair to everyone involved that we give them as much notice as possible.
“We are all incredibly disappointed as a lot of hard work goes into the planning of these events.
“We have for the moment taken the decision to postpone Proms in the Park in the hope that later in the year we could host an event of some kind, even if it’s not in its normal format. We will however keep everyone informed.”