Mason Moore and Vaughan Moore | 8 June 2020
WINNERS for Hinckley Bid’s cooking competition have been revealed. The competition, titled The Great Hinckley BID Fun Family Cooking Competition, started running back in early April and officially closed on 31 May.
The competition seen a grand total of 14 winners from the Hinckley and Bosworth area out of all of the entries that the Hinckley Bid team have received over the past few months.
The competition was judged by expert judge, Samantha Dimblebee, Catering Manager at St. Martin’s House in Leicester.
The aim of the competition was to create an ‘interesting dish’ which was not readily available online or supermarkets, but a unique one made from any ‘bits and pieces’ lying around residents kitchens from scratch as a bit of family fun whilst families were sitting in during the lockdown.
The Hinckley Bid are hoping to collate the winning entries into a cooking book featuring photographs of the winning ‘interesting dishes’, alongside the family who made them as well as a photograph of the dish.
Hinckley Bid said that it was ‘stiff competition’ for the top prizes on offer, but the 14 final contestants who successfully got shortlisted shall all receive prizes.
The competition winners are listed below alongside their winning dishes.
Under 11 years category
- £100 1st Prize – Emilia & Alana Whitehouse’s ‘no-dough “purger”’ [sic]
- £50 2nd Prize – Hunter Sheldon’s ‘rice crispy chicken’
- £25 3rd Prize – Jett Olner’s rainbow pizza
Over 11 years / adult category
- £200 1st Prize – Francesca Stephens’s sea bass
- £50 2nd Prize – Katie Worth’s soup and scone
- £25 3rd Prize – Armagan Yumer’s salad
The eight other winning entrants, who won £10 in vouchers
- £10 voucher – Julie Walton
- £10 voucher – Neil Walker
- £10 voucher – Emma Reid
- £10 voucher – Jane Grice
- £10 voucher – Rachel Bromley-Southall
- £10 voucher – Baxter Armson
- £10 voucher – Ellie Olner
- £10 voucher – Lucas Waite